Sunday, September 19, 2010

I HAD MY CONFIRMATION TODAY!

Another requirement in Catholic Philipine weddings is the presentation of a Catholic Confirmation Certificate with the annotation "for marriage purposes". Another surprise came my way a week ago when I contacted the parish of Santissma Trinidad in Estrada, Sampaloc Manila. I was told that the year when I underwent the Sacrament of Confirmation was during the time when the church was not yet under the Catholic faith but was run by another sect, the Aglipayan Church. So, I needed to be scheduled for another confirmation or what we call here as "kumpil", which will be recognized as a Catholic rite. Since the only available church which holds weekly (every Sunday) confirmation rites was Quiapo Church, I was thus registered there.  Only bishops can perform the sacrament of confirmation and not an ordinary priest. The fee for registration was Php 350.00. I made sure the registration had correct entries especially my name so as to avoid a similar problem.

Today,  I had my confirmation. I needed one sponsor. There was a seminar on the Sacraments and a bit of overview about the stages of married life before the confirmation rites. It was held from 8am-12noon. After which I, my sponsor and his wife had a sumptuous lunch at New Toho Restaurant in Chinatown, Manila. I'm glad that after a week I'll be able to claim it. My mom volunteered to help claim it and I gave her the transportation and food allowance. I'm so happy, finally, I can start with my other wedding requirements. Thank God!


Quiapo Church, Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment